Sunday, December 16, 2007

At Craig Hospital again...

Hey everyone-

I just arrived today in Denver, Colorado with Ivette, my dad and Bella! for my re-evaluation at Craig Hospital. Each patient returns about 6 months after their discharge for a one-week ollow-up. It's really, really weird being back here at the hospital and already I've had a plethora of mixed emotions being back.

I have lots more to update on the blog, but will do so when I have more time/energy.

Among other things, I became a dual-legged ambulator! Before, at Precision Rehab, I was able to take "steps" on my own but only the right leg/flexor would fire. This past week, both were firing! We have videos of this as well.

Finally, thanks so much to Fabien for setting up my website (http://www.helpjoewalk.com) and keeping it updated. There is a pretty cool video there that Project Walk created for me a little while ago, so check it out!

If you don't want to navigate to the website, here's the video. However, the other music on the blog might interfere with the video's music/vocals, so you can either check it out at the website if you're having this problem or pause the blog music located at the very bottom of this page.



Hopefully I can update this blog more this week with other stuff that has been happening with more pictures and videos.

Hope you're enjoying the holidays!

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2008 at 12:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,
Came across your site by accident. No words I can offer can stem the overwhelming frustration you must conquer each and every day, yet you do, each and every day. You have inspired me, you inspire others. Remember its not the destination, its the journey that counts.

God Bless you,

My prayer for you is this:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace."

Joe Rabe
LTC USA (ret)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home